Read the Kinder Morgan Assessment Report
The proposed Kinder Morgan pipeline and tanker project lies within the Consultation Area of the Tsleil-Waututh Nation. Therefore, it was necessary that we carried out our own assessment of the proposed project under our Stewardship Policy. The Kinder Morgan assessment report provides a summary of our appraisal of the components of the proposed Kinder Morgan pipeline and tanker project. It describes the seriousness of the potential effects of the proposed Kinder Morgan pipeline and tanker project on Tsleil-Waututh title, rights, and interests.
- Need for, Commercial Feasibility, and Economic Impact of the Trans Mountain Expansion Project by Robyn Allan, Economist
- Evaluation of the National Energy Board’s Trans Mountain Expansion Project Report: Assessment of Oil Spill Risks by Dr. Thomas Gunton, School of Resource and Environmental Management, Simon Fraser University
- Evaluation of the National Energy Board’s Trans Mountain Expansion Project Report in relation to Oil Spill Planning and Response by Elise DeCola, Nuka Research and Planning Group, LLC
- Evaluation of the National Energy Board’s Trans Mountain Expansion Project Report: The Fate and Effects of Oil Spills by Jeffrey W. Short, Ph.D.
Appendices to the Assessment Report
- Appendix 1 Expert Report: Oil Spill Risk Assessment by Dr. Thomas Gunton and Dr. Sean Broadbent [PDF 2,686kb]
- Appendix 2 Expert Report: Oil Spill Trajectory Model by Dr. Jerry Galt [PDF 2,008kb]
- Appendix 3 Expert Report: Dilbit Behaviour and Environmental Consequences by Dr. Jeffrey Short [PDF 5,427kb]
- Appendix 4 Expert Report: Oil Spill Response by Nuka Research [PDF 6,631kb]
- Appendix 5 Expert Report: Oil Spill Impacts on Air Quality by Levelton Consultants [PDF 4,139kb]
- Appendix 6 Burrard Inlet Oil Spill Time Progression Atlas [PDF (requires dropbox account) 40.32mb]
- Appendix 7 Burrard Inlet Oil Spill Ensemble Location Atlas [PDF 7,131kb]
- Appendix 8 Burrard Inlet Oil Spill Ensemble Sensitive Marine and Cultural Sites Atlas [PDF 7,829kb]
- Appendix 9 Stories Relied On to Articulate Tsleil-Waututh Legal Principles in Section 8 [PDF 123kb]