What's being done to restore and protect Burrard Inlet?
Get all Videos and Slides from the Burrard Inlet Science Symposium & Yes Agenda Summit
Get over 7 hours of video featuring David Suzuki, Iggy George, Tzeporah Berman, and many more!
"Our stewardship responsibility includes restoring conditions that provide the environmental, cultural, spiritual, and economic foundation for our communities to thrive."
– Chief Maureen Thomas, Tsleil-Waututh Nation
TWN Environmental Stewardship Vision for Burrard Inlet
Tsleil-Waututh Nation envisions a productive, resilient, and diverse Burrard Inlet environment where:
The purpose of the draft Action Plan was to:
Priority Actions Proposed by the Tsleil-Waututh Nation
To improve the environmental health and integrity of Burrard Inlet by 2025, the Tsleil-Waututh Nation proposed six priority actions:
1. Update Water Quality Objectives for Burrard Inlet
2. Install Scientific Instruments to Monitor Water Quality in Burrard Inlet
3. Characterize and Reduce Pollution from Stormwater Runoff
4. Map Nearshore Habitats and Forage Fish Spawning Beaches
5. Conserve Critical Nearshore Habitat Complexes
6. Recover Shelfish Beds
Got any Questions?
© Tsleil-Waututh Nation, Sacred Trust Initiative, 2017
Sign Up To Download the Burrard Inlet Action Plan!